No pics, but still some changes
Roy and I went to visit our contractor today. We discussed the tile that he had brought in for our bathroom which we had not chosen. And so we chose our tile. Instead of the plain cream tile, we now have a lovely rich light brown tile that looks more like real stone. It’s hard to describe, but it will look fantastic! And we reviewed what we wanted in the kitchen for the floor – he had that tile right. A plain tile that is sandy coloured with some texture to it….yummy!
I got to see our new gas oven (cooker) – it’s so nice. I can’t wait. So much larger than any other cooker I’ve used – six burners (one that will be a rapid burner & one that will be great for Indian/Chinese cooking as it has a wok stand) and two oven compartments. Stainless steel with black. I’m in love!
We put together the layout for the kitchen and it’s going to be perfect – so much more storage and counter-space than I’ve had in a long time. We’ll have a quite wide pull-out larder (500mm) unit which will be right next to the fridge-freezer, which will put most of the food we need in the same area. I’d say it’s a short U-shape, with the middle of the ‘u’ being quite long and the sides being short…but it will work. We’ll have two big pan/pot drawer units, a few good sized cabinets, a set of drawers…yeah, it’s exciting as that work will begin probably in 1-1/2 weeks.
At the house itself there has been quite a bit of work (left camera today so I didn’t get pics). Most of the upstairs has been totally replastered. That will have to take a week or so to dry in the lovely London wet weather. Downstairs, they’ve put in the studs that will make up the wall between the kitchen and the half-bath, and they’ve moved the boiler into that half-bath. The boiler will end up being surrounded by a cupboard/cabinet so it’s not just hanging out looking ugly…and it will give us some extra storage downstairs.
That’s it for now. I’m sure that as the days pass, there will be bigger and bigger changes…but, of course, one extra week has been added to the work time…so now it’s at least a six week job. Let’s hope that it’s at least done before Christmas so we can get all moved in right afterwards!